Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

School, Exams... books and video games

With posting the books reviews on the other blog now theres less and less I am writing here. Though really those are few and far between right now. The e-reader has give me more and more and more books I want to read but I still haven't finished as many as I would like. Now I did just read The Wise Man's Fear which is over 1000 pages so that took a bit. A 1000 page book is just the thing you want to read on a e-reader. Make's the convince of it so wonderful.
I am going to Ryerson University for Engineering. After two years and seven high school credits there we go. Now I am currently at the library making sure I am able to get over 50% on the second try of my Calculus and vectors exam (and terrified that I wont I might add). But all in all there we have it. Pass the exam, finish chem (pass that exam) and that's it. As of September I will REALLY be in school... and we just keep on doing this for another 4-5 years.... At least I will be done teaching myself. I am really starting to feel that theres no more I can do as far as teaching myself...
I never did end up fixing the 50 000 words from last November into a readable form that could be turned into a create space book. Its always been in the back of my mind but not quite a true interest. I don't think I am like a lot of the people who write for NaNo. A large part of them Truly do want to be writers. They want to be published. I just want to write. I just want to create. I wrote. I created 1667 words a day. I created a lode of nonsence. But it was fun. And event though I know I will be in class this year when it is happening I really do want to do it again. Maybe this time I will have some money to donate to them, and get the Buttons that represent accomplishments (I love buttons if you didn't know).
The other new thing that has entered my life is Roller Derby. I haven't started skating yet, (don't even have skates yet, waiting for Tax money :D), but the only game I missed this year they were in Montreal. I am excited. I should be able to start late august.
Raven is still raven. It always looks like its growing by the end of one year, and then it starts back again with the same 7 people... I wish there was a way to pump up the attendance... anyone want to explore the odd fun that is LARPing? It is both more interesting and more fun than you ever realized... and exactly as nerdy. Just remember that no one who isn't playing will see you and its all good. Its easy to be ridiculous when others are too...
Thats about it for my life right now, Math and Chem fill my days dispersed by Everquest 2, and books. With the odd trip to the Science center now and again... and a roller derby game or a raven event on the weekend... not a bad life to be honest... though if anyone wanted to take a math exam for me i'd be quite happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment